Toilet Connection to Horizontal 3" Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

jerg1213

Reaction score
I am adding an upstairs bathroom and trying to figure out the DWV system. I am trying to minimize the impact the soil stack will have as it will be going down a kitchen wall (to be enclosed later). I don't have any software to make a fancier drawing, but I have attached what I was able to draw. The toilet will be located right next to the soil stack. Can I use a 3x3x long sweep 90 for the toilet then continue the horizontal 3" drain to the vanity and tub, or does the toilet need to actually branch off of the drain pipe? Because the floor joist are 2x8, I can't run a 3" pipe through it, so the horizontal drain pipe needs to stay in the joist bay. The vanity and tub will have a vent pipe from each fixture that will connect with the main vent pipe in the attic. This is in PA and they follow the 2018 IPC.

Attachments

• Toilet Connection.jpg
    Toilet Connection.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 47
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks