Sump pump loud “pouring” noise after each cycle...normal? (with video)

Is this normal?

• Yes. It’s loud and annoying but you’re fine. Go drink scotch.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Scope the drain line and check the check valve. It’s not clearing the water.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

ChainsawLullaby

Reaction score
yep its a leak, if it only drains after pump cycles. The abs goes straight out the building and then 90s up? abandon and run new or concider camera inspection

I don’t know where it goes. I assume it goes down to tie into combined sewer line.

Abandoning isn’t a practical option so will start with a camera inspection.

Is there any world in which they would’ve also tied the inlet pipe into the sewer directly VS funneling to the pit? I can’t imagine why/I might be grasping at straws here.

If it is a leak or busted fitting, I don’t suppose you could line a small little pipe like this a la my side sewer VS breaking into the wall/concrete/tile of the finished bathroom?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don’t know where it goes. I assume it goes down to tie into combined sewer line.

Abandoning isn’t a practical option so will start with a camera inspection.

Is there any world in which they would’ve also tied the inlet pipe into the sewer directly VS funneling to the pit? I can’t imagine why/I might be grasping at straws here.

If it is a leak or busted fitting, I don’t suppose you could line a small little pipe like this a la my side sewer VS breaking into the wall/concrete/tile of the finished bathroom?

Part Im not following funneling to pit?
But as far as hiring camera inspection and lining the pipe Id say its possible though nothing Ive ever been involved in I know they can epoxy line copper pipes so guessing it possible. This work sounds in the thousands to me not in the hundreds. Guess I was thinking run new pipe up basement wall pop it through and tie it in to sewer. first step is camera it and second step locate in case you need to dig it up same guy can do both normaly

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks