SOLVED: Help wiring a Panasonic WhisperFit DC fan FV-0511VFL1; DewStop FS 325 Switch

Users who are viewing this thread

MichaelD

Reaction score
Solved: see below.

Can you help me sort out this wiring please?

Old fan was a simple on/off and there was a light next to it. Wired up to their own, individual switches on separate strands of 14/2 Romex.

I'm installing a WhisperFit DC FV-0511VFL1 fan. It has a fan, as well as a built in dimmable LED light AND a separate night light. This way I can replace my old fan and old light.

I plan to connect a DewStop FS325 switch. This switch has a manual & humidity sensing switch for the fan. As well as a separate manual switch for a single light.

Wanting to get all the functionality from the new fan, I would like the fan controlled by the fan switch. The night light controlled by the manual switch in the DewStop. I would then need to wire the dimmable LED to a dimmer switch (I don't have that yet).

See the photos for the wiring diagrams and backs of switches.

Can you help me figure out how to connect this all together the right way? Must I run more wire than the 2 14/2 lines? Is what I want to achieve doable?

Attachments

• 20230721_172107.jpg
    20230721_172107.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 20230721_172125.jpg
    20230721_172125.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 20230721_172148.jpg
    20230721_172148.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 460
  • 20230721_172203 (1).jpg
    20230721_172203 (1).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 543
  • 20230721_172213.jpg
    20230721_172213.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
So, you have a switch box that currently has just the two simple toggle switches for the the separate fan and light. As long as those are on the same circuit (a single circuit breaker kills both the old fan and the old light), and the 14/2 cables run together from the switch box to the location of the new combo fan/light, you can do what you want with the wiring that exists already.

I'm going to assume that you have a third single 14/2 cable in your switch box, for incoming power; there could be a 4th one to daisy chain outgoing power to other fixtures. Anything outside of those two possibilities and then you are missing part of the picture.

So then you want to take, say, the 14/2 that is currently used for the light, and relabel its white and black to, say, blue and red, at both ends. Now you have white, black, blue, and red from the switch box to the new combo fan location; I'll call those wires "Panasonic". In the switch box you want to make these connections, all wires on each line connected together:

Incoming power black, (Outgoing power black), Dewstop power in, and Dimmer power in
Incoming power white, (Outgoing power white), Dewstop white, (Dimmer white if required), Panasonic white
Dewstop red to Panasonic red
Dewstop blue to Panasonic blue
Dimmer power out to Panasonic black

Then at the new combo fan unit, you connect

Panasonic white, fan white, light white
Panasonic red to fan power
Panasonic blue to nightlight power (blue)
Panasonic black to regular light power (black)

Cheers, Wayne

MichaelD

Reaction score
Wayne, this worked! (You probably knew that, now anyone finding this later will know too)

I knew there was a way, but needed your guidance and confirmation. Thank you for solving this for me. Works like a charm.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks