Shower valve rough out

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff Knecht

Reaction score
Just planning ahead...
Is there a way that I can install a Delta RP10000 PEX WS shower valve and make it easier, to repair or replace in the future, from an adjacent room or closet? I thought that if there was a need, I could cut the screws holding the stringer, pull out the valve and stringer, make the repair/replacement, attach the valve to the stringer and toe nail the stringer.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Or install the screws that hold the stringer on from the backside. or toenail them in from atop and below so that they can be removed from the front or the back. Or even use Ell brackets that hold the stringer that can be accessible from either side.

We always install shower valves that have integrated service stops for maintenance. Delta valves have that feature too.

As Terry mentioned, you probably won't be the person remodeling that bathroom, it will be the next owner.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks