Setting up new pump with tank for irrigation

Users who are viewing this thread

dipinto

Reaction score
Hi - after some advice please.
I'm setting up irrigation in Italy for about 150m2 of gardens. Made a few mistakes already by not researching properly so trying hard now to get it right.

I have a Hunter X2 controller running into 4 valves.
I've been looking at the Vevor 1100 submersible pump. It comes with a control box.

Does the control box contain a pump relay and therefore all I need to connect the pump to the Hunter X2 or do I need an extra pump relay box?

Any help much appreciated

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I don't see any relay with the Vevor. I also do not see a pump start feature on the Hunter X2. But it does have wiring for a master valve. You can use a relay with a 24V coil to turn on the pump using the master valve wires.

dipinto

Reaction score
Yes thank you. With the Hunter you use the master valve, it's well documented. The Vevor is where I'm unsure - still awaiting the
technical department to clarify whether their supplied Control Box - sometime they refer to it as starter box is a relay. It looks like this.

1715663073813.jpeg

WorthFlorida

New chemo regiment started Aug 20th.
Solutions
Reaction score
Controllers will not have a motor start relay. It's an additional device you add. Irrigation systems that use city water, one is not needed.