Septic "Pump Tank" Seal

Users who are viewing this thread

Brik

Reaction score
Hello all - We are putting in a bathroom at a barn. The land doesn't perk due to a high water table. The plan is to put in a 'pump tank" that will be pumped out as needed. The issue at hand is the high water table. The tank inlet ended up below the ground-water level. I can certainly pump out the tank and dry the inlet before the drain line goes in. I think I want to do an additional sealant where the pipe enters the tank. There is currently and integral boot. Suggestions?

PXL_20220712_153343701.jpeg

PXL_20220712_155229204.jpeg

Brik

Reaction score
Well.... The drain pipe was a pretty tight fit and seemed to seal well to the tank gasket. If I continue to get groundwater I guess I'll do a french drain at the outside bottom on the tank unless someone has a better idea.

Reach4

Reaction score
There is currently and integral boot.
You pictures appear to be from before the pipe and seal were installed.

I don't think a small leak there would be a big deal. Remember that your preferred choice would have also added liquid to the soil. But you could reduce leakage by surrounding that area near the inlet with hydraulic cement. That will cure under water. I am not a pro.

Brik

Reaction score
You pictures appear to be from before the pipe and seal were installed.

I don't think a small leak there would be a big deal. Remember that your preferred choice would have also added liquid to the soil. But you could reduce leakage by surrounding that area near the inlet with hydraulic cement. That will cure under water. I am not a pro.
Correct, the seal was installed by the tank manufacturer and the pictures were taken before any plumbing were installed. The groundwater rose up to the the inlet and filled the tank. Subsequently the pipe has been installed and seems to be holding back the groundwater. Because this is a holding tank only, I'm concerned with groundwater infiltration as well as blackwater leakage out of the tank. I'll be monitoring for a while before I backfill.

Reach4

Reaction score
I see your point... you don't want to be bringing in a truck to suck ground water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks