Septic pump mounting hardware

Users who are viewing this thread

Joseph Skoler

Reaction score
I just pulled 2 Goulds septic tank pumps for testing and they both work (yay).

But, the hardware is corroded and I need to replace.

Can anyone identify these pieces, and maybe a source to buy them? Specifically the lift-off disconnect, the elbow that looks like a tee at the top, and the top and bottom brackets (that I bent) that attach to rods coming out of the floor of the septic tank.

Thank you!

1660301618523.jpeg

1660301670676.jpeg

1660301688535.jpeg

1660301702017.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
Big brass thing in the bottom two pictures is a trapezoidal pitless adapter. Normally the big side opening would be held in place, and the pipe at the far side of the bottom picture could be lifted out.

Those are intended for use in wells. The fixed side pipe is run underground below the frost line. The pump can then be lifted out for service.

After looking at the top picture, I see B20 cast into the casting.
Note there are some entries that say "DRAIN&WIRE". So that makes me suspect they are also used in non-well applications.

I don't speak from experience in this.

Last edited:

Joseph Skoler

Reaction score
Wow -- you recognized the B20! That's a big help.

I still don't even know where to begin looking to ID the top and bottom brackets that stick out with 2 fingers perpendicular to the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks