Rodent proof humidifier drain tube

Users who are viewing this thread

candlerman21

Reaction score
I have a Aprilaire 700 humidifier connected to my gas furnace. The ½" vinyl drain tube is routed through the basement ceiling 30'+ to the laundry tub. There's a pump that assists in getting the excess water out.

Recently, mice have eaten through several sections of the tubing. I've been searching for a tubing material that i could use to prevent this damage until I can get rid of the rodents, which I'm working on with an exterminator.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Use your old drain tubing to bait the traps. Try PEX, the rumors say rodents do not prefer it, you would be a definitive source to answer that particular question (not said in jest, I really would like to know)

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ive fixed several and also abs and pvc but not a lot but i do a light amount of repair work so I see less than other guys that thats all they do are house calls.
copper if its non corrosive condensate a good choice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks