Robbed by the well guy/electrician? What to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
Now that farm in Mattawa is probably an apple orchard and is worth $40k an acre.

I think we’re going to see an increased migration from the urban west side to the more rural east side of Washington.

your brother probably paid 50-60% of that that house would have cost in King county.

I think my blood pressure goes up 10 points when I crest the top of Snoqualmie pass.

Drilled a well for Sammamish Plateau Water & Sewer District once. If I had to leave the jobsite to get something, it was a 45 minute to 3 hour trip just depending on traffic.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Now that farm in Mattawa is probably an apple orchard and is work $40k an acre.

I think we’re going to see an increased migration from the urban west side to the more rural east side of Washington.

you brother probably 50-60% of that that house would have cost in King county.

Everything in King County is high. A lot of software jobs here and plenty of money. I do like being near the lakes, the Sound, close to hiking and skiing and when things get back to normal, places for live music. The Eastern side of the state has colder Winters and more heat in the Summer. My parents met in Pullman at the university. I have a sister living near Omak too.

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, a bunch of us in the fire dept, took our jeeps over saddle mountain from Corfu to Mattawa. Did you ever go up to the where the anti-aircraft guns were during WW2? The concrete foundations are still there. And the foundations for the barracks are still there, just east of Mattawa.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Anti-aircraft guns? No, we never went up there. When my father bought the place it was sage brush. It was something my father had dreamed off his whole life, but we weren't very good at it. He wound up selling that land.
I had an uncle that worked on the Hanford project. Like most family historical stuff, by the time I thought of asking questions it was too late to get answers. I do recall that family members recall that he felt he had been involved in something tragic.

It was a strange thing to do on weekends, living in the Seattle area, the suburbs and then heading over on weekends for farming. Totally different ways of life. Though where I grew up was also farm land in the beginning. The downtown core of Bellevue had been strawberry fields and there were annual festivals for that. That ended in the 40's before my time. Gradually on the West side more and more farm land changes over to warehousing and homes.

I wanted to move to Mattawa in the 80's and build homes. The lady at the bank told me not to. Not enough work for those already living there.
I was thinking of a passive solar home on acreage and having horses. A short walk over to the Columbia River for swimming in the Summer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks