Replacement window recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gdog

write diagnostic firmware for embedded industrial
Reaction score
In SE MI; house is a bit over 20 years old, original builder windows are cheap and need replacement.

Looking for quality and value; i.e. highest R capability and noise attenuation as possible w/o taking out a large loan..

Anyone have experience w/these guys? http://www.windowuniversedetroit.com/prices.htm

TIA!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My preference is a window with a fiberglass frame. The fiberglass has about the same expansion/contraction ratio as the glass, so it puts less stress on things through the seasons. This should make the seal on any gas-filled glass assembly last longer before it leaks.

Fiberglass can be had with smooth surfaces, or on the inside, a wood-grain, so you can stain and finish like wood if you prefer.

Gdog

write diagnostic firmware for embedded industrial
Reaction score
My preference is a window with a fiberglass frame. The fiberglass has about the same expansion/contraction ratio as the glass, so it puts less stress on things through the seasons. This should make the seal on any gas-filled glass assembly last longer before it leaks.

Fiberglass can be had with smooth surfaces, or on the inside, a wood-grain, so you can stain and finish like wood if you prefer.
So something like the Elevate line at Marvin; yes?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks