replace existing 2006 hot water tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

melting_lake

Reaction score
Hello Community,

I am currently updating the equipment in a high-end residential mechanical room for a luxury residence and am evaluating whether it's wise to also replace a still-functional 120G hot water tank from 2006. The unit in question is a "Warnock Hersey Water Comfort" indirectly fired hot water tank, model J 120 DW/XL, manufactured by Advance Metalpres Inc. It is part of a hydronic heating system, so it is an indirect water heater tank. The water tank is heated by a Weil-McLain boiler.

Given the technological advances over the past years, I'm considering whether newer models might offer significantly better performance and energy efficiency that would justify a proactive upgrade. Do the latest models provide substantial improvements in terms of insulation and overall energy consumption? Maybe it's better to replace this old unit before problems begin? What do you think?

I'm particularly interested in hearing from experts who have navigated similar upgrades or anyone with insights into the longevity and performance enhancements of newer hot water tank models. Some have recommended Viessmann, Buderus, and Triangle Tube.

If a replacement is recommended, I would also appreciate suggestions on the highest quality brand currently on the market. Many thanks, you all rock.

Attachments

• 20240412_07_57_00_20.jpg
    20240412_07_57_00_20.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks