REGEN keeps flashing but softener will not run REGEN

Users who are viewing this thread

LakeGuyMO

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Culligan Magestic Water Softener. Everything "seems" to be set correctly. I pressed the REGEN button for 10 secs. The REGEN icon on the screen began to flash. After two days the REGEN icon is still flashing and the unit has not gone into a REGEN cycle.
Any ideas how to resolve the problem?

Side note: Culligan will not answer a simple question and keeps forwarding my question to the local dealer who wants $125 to come to the condo to correct the problem.

Can anyone please help me?

Reach4

Reaction score
Have you tried triggering an immediate regeneration? For all I know, pressing the REGEN button for 10 secs may be the way to trigger an immediate regeneration, in which case, my comment will be of no help. Pressing the button for something like 5 seconds would be how you would do it on a Fleck.

I am not familiar with your softeners. Culligan, as you have seen, does not support diy. They don't make actual service manuals readily available. Am I saying that an immediate regen will fix anything? Probably not, but it seems to me to divide the potential causes... mechanical vs timer/electronic.

https://www.eculligan.com/service-and-manuals.php might have a manual that could help.

Are you on pipeline water, or well water. The reason I ask is that resin does not last as long with treated water as with most well water. You only got 7 years of service so far, but a new softener also gives new resin.

Culligan is really aimed at the people who want to have their service done professionally.

LakeGuyMO

Reaction score
I live in a condo with Well Water that we treat. The problem is the hardness of the water.
To save salt and electricity I unplugged the unit while it was empty for 6 months.
I plugged it back in and "I think" I have the settings correct.
I held in the REGEN button for 10 seconds and on the screen a "REGEN" icon starting flashing. It has been over 3 days and it still has not regenerated.
I have two questions:
1. What does a Flashing REGEN icon mean?
2. Since the system has a Gallon of Setting, but it also has a DAY setting; will the system REGEN based on which one comes first? There will be times when NO water is used in 14 days. Will the system REGEN anyway?
I have Water Boss at another location. I like for many reasons.
If need be I will replace the Culligan with another brand that has ON DEMAND only....

The local Culligan Dealer wants $125 to work on the unit, but will not guarantee the unit will work for the $125. I would rather put the $125 towards a new unit then; unless I can get it running myself.
I plan to do some more troubleshooting to gather more data before I decide though.

Any ideas?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks