Please help, new laundry room set-up in old wet bar area

Users who are viewing this thread

Shea

Reaction score
Hello,

To have a functional laundry room, I ripped out a wet bar in the basement. It currently has 2" (prior sink drain) dirty armed to 3" stack. I would love to add a utility sink up stream of the washing machine (66" sink drain stub out ( circled cross)) to coupler inside end of tee. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologize it's not more detailed or that I have some fantastic plan. Considering all the water from the washer can they even be on the same line? I am needing to know how to do it and do it right.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20231207_205437.jpg
    20231207_205437.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 52

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are some important details needed. W/M seperate drain or a dumping into laundry sink? I see what appears to be 1 1/2" trap arm not a 2 inch od would be 3/8 inch bigger so a 2 inch od is 2 3/8 inch.
change santee to a 3x3x2 Is what Im seeing as needed the 3 inch cast is not carrying waste from a floor above right?

Shea

Reaction score
Mornin,

Thank you for following up with me, I really appreciate it and I apologize I do better with electrical. Washer will have separate drain. The photo is of existing, there was a bar sink there originally. The actual arm is 2" and the water for the sink will be moved down the wall as well as sink drain as well. There will be approximately 5' between washer and sink. Washer will drain into tee within a foot of it. Level above there is the kitchen and 1/2 bath, level above that is 5 fixture master bathroom. The half bath is above the basement bath so I believe the half bath doesn't drain into this. Master and kitchen is probably another story.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks