P-trap from washing machine below floor?

Users who are viewing this thread

auntnana21

Reaction score
I am remodeling parts of a brick house built in 1952. The previous owner had their washing machine beside the kitchen sink and draining into the same line with no p-trap. I've opened up the old 3'x'3 pantry to install a new machine that is a washer and dryer all-in-one. I understand that the p-trap should be on the same floor. However, the person who built the house owned a sawmill and 90% of the studs, joists, headers etc. are solid oak. Yes, solid oak that is hard as a rock. The walls have 1" gyprock/plaster on them. To save myself from having to tear out all the gyprock instead of a section and drill through a few of those solid studs (the drilling is the main avoidance issue here),will there be issues if I put the p-trap just below the floor? It would be in a full basement so super easy access and no freezing temps. My county doesn't require inspection of any of this since I'm working on my own home, but I'm wondering if there are any issues I'm not thinking about.

Reach4

Reaction score
Laundry p-trap below the floor is allowed in Canada.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks