Only pumping at 10 psi

Users who are viewing this thread

KDM

Reaction score
I have been having problems with pump pressure , i searched the internet for help and found this forum . I want to thank Terry Love for taking the time in making this help forum , it is awsome .
Now for my problem , i have a shallow well , about 15 feet , i am running a 3/4 horse red jacket pump with a pressure tank . I am only getting 10 psi at the pump with full flow through one of two discharge valves . When i close the discharge valve the pressure rises to 50 psi and cuts out , which it is suppose to do . I have taken the pump apart , checked the impeller and the venturi and everything seems fine . i have checked all connections and there are no leaks . I even pulled the sandpoint to see if there was any holes in the pipe and checked the sandpoint , it is also fine . I am running out of things to try and i can not run even 1 sprinkler with the way the pump is working . Can someone please help . Thank you in advance .

Speedbump

Reaction score
You should be looking at the well, not the pump. If it can make 50 and shut off, the pump is fine. If it cant keep up with a faucet running, this means the well is not making enough water. Maybe going a little deeper will help. After and while making repairs, going deeper etc. Use a pitcher pump to test pump the well. When you get it pumping and the handle is not bouncing back up after pushing it down and a good flow is coming, you are there.

bob...

KDM

Reaction score
Thank you Bob , i will drive the sandpoint down lower and check the water flow . Have a great day !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks