Navien NPE-240A2 external recirculation not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Baker

Reaction score
Just installed a NPE-240A2 with Navicirc value and it's not working. The installer set the internal switch to "EXT" and from the panel we've selected "external circulation" with external pump set to "no" and "Always On" but no luck. The water is not instant hot at the faucet. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

20211204_105835.jpg

Attachments

• 20211204_105835.jpg
    20211204_105835.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
In the picture it’s installed incorrectly and settings are wrong
No external piping on recirc required as in picture
Really should follow installation manual to expect it to work

Chris Baker

Reaction score
In the picture it’s installed incorrectly and settings are wrong
No external piping on recirc required as in picture
Really should follow installation manual to expect it to work

Appreciate the reply. The instruction manual shows that the recirculation line does need to be installed. With the navicirc I was thinking that we had to use the cold water to push it back to the recirc. Are you saying that we don't need any special piping to use the navicirc?

Attachments

• 20211205_200646.jpg
    20211205_200646.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 445

Saltwave

Reaction score
I have run into the same issue as you. Were you able to identify the root cause and fix the issue?

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Original post did not read the manual. He was looking a dedicated recirculation but did not have such.
With navcirc you would use the drawing on page 34. Needs a check valve just after expansion tank.
1670398168300.png

Saltwave

Reaction score
Thank you Breplum! Turn out my issue was related to my NaviCIrc itself. After disassembling and reassembling, I back up and running. Although I still don't know exactly what went wrong, but thinking it was related to be valve stuck in the off position as if there was always hot water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks