Natural Gas Heat Only Boiler - Wall or Floor Mounted?

Users who are viewing this thread

MELandlord

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of converting an old oil fired boiler to a new natural gas heat only boiler. I have met with three heating contractors and leaning towards having an Ideal or Viesmann boiler installed. Everyone has pushed the wall hung option but I want to make sure it is the right long term option for me as I plan to hold this property for 20+ years. The building is a 2,500 sf three unit multifamily with three zones one for each unit. Is there any information/data out there showing the life expectancies of wall or floor boilers? Has anyone installed a floor mounted boiler for the reason it is expected to last longer? Should someone look into a less efficient but less expensive cast iron floor mounted boiler with a natural gas burner instead? Any input or information is appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks