Mobile home strapping

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
The spacing of the metal beams in a mobile home are approx. 10-feet intervals. My pipe has to be strapped every four feet. To solve the problem, my guys put a piece of 10-foot 2x4 to span between the two metal beams. that allows them to strap every four feet. Works just fine for inspection. But those 2x4s are going to slowly bow. Do you guys have a better solution to strap pipe under a mobile home at 4' intervals when there is nothing there to fix your straps?

- Mike
https://homeservicestriad.com

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
probably less expensive and just as effective might be 1" steel pipe. That can span 12ft between supports. We used to use that to span roof trusses in warehouses.

Clarissa7

Reaction score
Mobile home straps help to prevent high winds from dislocating your mobile home, which can cause damage, injury and loss of life.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks