Mixet shower valve - and recent water hammer

Users who are viewing this thread

Lbjgh

Reaction score
I recently replaced an old mixet shower valve on my shower/tub. Before installing the new valve I used a circular brass brush to clean the valve body then I lubricate the new valve orings with vasoline.

The operation seems smooth... all good I thought.

But... when the toe tester valve is closed I get a loud water hammer bang that I don't recall being there before (or maybe not as loud). Nothing else has changed and the water pressure is what I'd describe as on the lower side i.e. about 55-60psi.

Any insight would be helpful to reduce or eliminate this water hammer.

tx

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
A link to the valve your talking about would help. Also don't use vasoline to lube o rings.

It sounds like your valve is closing faster than it did before which is the cause of water hammer. A hammer arrestor would fix the issue. They are installed as close to the closing valve as possible.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks