Low water pressure on ONLY one zone

Users who are viewing this thread

Dave Park

Reaction score
Hi,
I am struggling to fix my sprinklers. I have 5 zones. 4 of them are working properly but the last one (zone 5) has a very low water pressure. I checked voltage and it was fine. I also replaced the solenoid and diaphragm of the valve. Nothing worked :(
Any help?

Thanks,

Modifyit

Reaction score
Hi,
I am struggling to fix my sprinklers. I have 5 zones. 4 of them are working properly but the last one (zone 5) has a very low water pressure. I checked voltage and it was fine. I also replaced the solenoid and diaphragm of the valve. Nothing worked :(
Any help?

Thanks,
I'm no expert, but with 4 of 5 zones working properly, it would seem to be a restriction in the zone, or a ruptured pipe. Perhaps a restriction just ahead of the control valve or in the valve body.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Yes, a stone can be lodged in at a 90* elbow or anywhere else, even before the valve. Did you notice in the old valve was it full of mold? Pop ups have a filter screen just under the spray head. They could be plugged up with mold or mud and dirt. Locate the first sprinkler head for that zone, remove it and turn on the water to give it a flush. Another way is remove the last sprinkler of the zone, with a garden hose try to back flush the pipes to the first sprinkler head location.

It may be a pain to do now but just after the new valve, install a tee with a threaded middle joint and buy a threaded end cap. With the cap off turn on that zone and if the water comes out like a geyser, you know you are good to that point.

supaugly

Reaction score
Im having the same issue. I have 4 zones and 1 is low pressure. When I take the cap off and dry it out it stays dry. When I open the solenoid I can hear some water but barely a trickle is passing through the valve. I dont get it!

WaltN

Reaction score
I had the same problem and found the likely solution on this web site. There is a small port in the valve body that is controlled by the solenoid. If that port gets plugged, the end result is low water pressure at the sprinkler head. Get a 18 gauge piece of wire, or similar, remove the top of the valve and insert the wire into the small port beneath the solenoid to make sure the opening into the supply line or lower chamber of the valve is open. Hope this helps...

Ralph Moss

Reaction score
I had the same problem and found the likely solution on this web site. There is a small port in the valve body that is controlled by the solenoid. If that port gets plugged, the end result is low water pressure at the sprinkler head. Get a 18 gauge piece of wire, or similar, remove the top of the valve and insert the wire into the small port beneath the solenoid to make sure the opening into the supply line or lower chamber of the valve is open. Hope this helps...

Ralph Moss

Reaction score
I have about same problem when valve first opens good pressure then it drops way down and my pump pressure also drops sprinklers have very very low output is this caused by bad valve

Reach4

Reaction score
I have about same problem when valve first opens good pressure then it drops way down and my pump pressure also drops sprinklers have very very low output is this caused by bad valve
Could be a well short of water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks