leak in ceiling

Users who are viewing this thread

radsells

Reaction score
I was installing crown molding over the weekend and the next day I noticed the ceiling was discolored. My home is new construction. I called the builder and they came out and discovered a leak in the supply line. They say it is my fault ,but will fix it .A nail punctured the water line, This is a clear plastic supply line for a secondary bathroom. I looked up in where the leak was and the supply line was laying on the dry wall of the ceiling not attatched to a stud they claim we used to long of nails, 2 inch ,however the way the supply line was sitting it would not have mattered the size of the nail
Is there a code in California that would prohibit this type of install It does not make sense that a H2O line would be laying on the ceiling drywall. Sorry for rambling Hope someone can help. Why would they fix it, they are fixing the plumbing, but I am on my own for the dry wall

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would say it was a compromise.
They had done their work,
and then you put a hole in the tubing.

There is no code against pipe touching drywall.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
leak

The problem is that no matter how hard the installer tries to protect his pipe against damage, someone will always find a way to damage it. We put metal plates over pipes when the go across framing members so the drywallers will not drive nails into them and then the drywallers miss the stud and puncture the pipe, or the carpenters use their nail guns to fasten high baseboard to the drywall and drive nails through the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks