Language and Courtesy to others

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hello and welcome new comers and regulars to the Terry Love DIY Forum.

The Terry Love DIY forum has grown immensely in recent months.

At any given time now, 24/7, there can be 300-800 people, both members and guests on, perusing and participating in the various threads.
A high of 1800+ people on at one time was reached just recently.

We encourage members, to post questions, and or participate in any of the discussions and lively debates that we have on going here.

Due to the diverse numbers of people using the forum we are asking that in your posts you refrain from using cuss, foul, and or derogatory words. This includes the use of abbreviations of those words.

We Thank You for your cooperation in this matter and look forward to your continued participation and enjoyment of this forum.

Terry & Cass

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
colorful language

Terry.....I can refraiin from all colorful language....

it will be very hard for me but I think I can do it.....

Also out of curousity why has your site grown so much???

what is the story, have other sites crashed and burned
I was wondering where all the people came from and why???

With this amount of perople visiting your place
every day, I honestly think you ought to start advertiseing some
plumbing stuff.....

CHH

Reaction score
Maybe folks are here because people are helpful and because we aren't bothered by advertisements.

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
I also think that people come here as DIYers because they do get answers...
Sometimes even good ones LOL...
Honestly, the few other sites I have visited regarding plumbing tend to bash DIYers much more so than this one...

ChuckNJ

Reaction score
Some of us who came here recently are professionals.....

What does this mean to me? Several different things.

Construction Professional (IMO) : One who derives his income and his skill set as a direct result of working in the residential and / or commercial construction industry...

But a professional is more to me:

Being a professional is also based upon behavior , work ethic and amount of time spent (career) in that particular industry. A person who is just starting out in a particular profession wouldn't necessarily be considered a professional until he had developed the skills / knowledge / experience to be able to conduct themselves with minimal or no supervision. This would require proficiency in execution / performance of their trade and/or craft, something that can only be learned over time..... Just how much time is actually up to the devotion, desire and/or absorption ability of that individual.

Recent explosion? Don't know, because I didn't know about this place until that joe ted episode linked me and a few others here.

I come for information..... learning what I didn't know before and making myself a more well rounded remodeling contractor. I enjoy researching things that interest me, and my remodeling profession interests me. Occasionally, as an added bonus, I get to read posting by you guys who like to stomp on each other's belief systems or viewpoints

There is some" Entertainment "value here as well.

Last edited:

Prashster

Reaction score
Shhhhhhhh!!!!

Don't tell everyone that this is a great and welcoming resource for diyer's. The pros'll leave and all we'll have left is (over?)zealous diyer's like me!!!

There's a critical mass thing going on too. Try googling any question on plumbing and y'll be linked here.

I would, though, advise that the quality of the info might soon become jeopardized, and you might consider having a 'pro's only' forum where diyer's like me are allowed to lurk, but not post. THat being said, there's enough pro traffic here to quickly rectify wrong or bad advice.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
prashster said:
Don't tell everyone that this is a great and welcoming resource for diyer's. The pros'll leave and all we'll have left is (over?)zealous diyer's like me!!!

There's a critical mass thing going on too. Try googling any question on plumbing and y'll be linked here.

I would, though, advise that the quality of the info might soon become jeopardized, and you might consider having a 'pro's only' forum where diyer's like me are allowed to lurk, but not post. THat being said, there's enough pro traffic here to quickly rectify wrong or bad advice.

I actually suggested that to Terry, lets face it...us licensed guys are nothing but a pain in the (insert nice, politically correct, word here).
It can become a serious conflict of interest at times here, small DIY projects aren't the issue...just the larger, more dangerous or gas related projects.
(technically, I could be held responsible if I were to offer a customer a tutorial on how to install a water heater and it went wrong.)
He could also justify advertizing on a forum (Plumbing suppliers, MFG's) for the fact that it wouldn't be such a "charitable" type forum.

Cookie said:
Actually, it is 15.00 Please send the extra 5 bucks to me, :D

Cookie, if yer comin', I'll pay $50 and cover yer drinks....K??

CHH

Reaction score
Does Terry allow that type of transaction to be arranged on the boards?;)

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
No consideration has been exchanged, so there is no transation yet.

CHH

Reaction score
I've considered the situation and have come to the conclusion that it is time to have a beer in exchange of any further consideration.

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Sorry Terry. It's my nature to talk like this and it is your place, so I will bow out.

It's also my nature to debate the point but, like I said, it's your place.

Thanks, John

A final thought. When you exclude the people that don't share your point of view, you limit your sources for knowledge.

Sincerely, Confucious

ChuckNJ

Reaction score
hj said:
There is some" Entertainment "value here as well.

Please remit the $5.00 entertainment cover charge, ASAP.

5 bucks, 10 bucks , 15 bucks.......

How much is it? Hurry up, I can't wait all day. This credit card has to get back to the customer I swiped it from last night..... If I wait too long, I won't be able to buy that new C-4 panel saw online.... ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
On the internet there is a lot of argue.gif and cussing.gif that sometimes leads to pcguru.gif but all in all we are all just saint.gif's

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It is good entertainment. I'm willing to pay too.

I really enjoy seeing the replies that have good content.
There are different ways of doing things, and sometimes it's good to have that knowledge in case that situation comes up where you need it.

Some don't like sharing on what they consider dangerous conditions.
That's fine. Just skip that one.
You can't get in trouble if you skip it.

I don't know why you would bother writing something you don't want to write, or tell us you don't want to write it. Or like write it and then wish you didn't write it, or say other words instead of the words you were thinking. Right?
If you know how to explain how it should be done, that could be good.