Kohler thermostatic, Is this too restrictive?

Users who are viewing this thread

404 neil

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am DIY my master shower and I have a 3/4 Kohler thermostatic mixing valve and 3 diverters for 3 heads. (regular shower head , rain shower, and shower wand). I am wondering if making a 90 elbow right off the mixer is going to hurt the flow to the rest of the 3 valves as I have them configured so far. Or should i do a T off the valve and spread the load? I'm fairly new but I don't want water pressure issues from the heads after tiled and installed. and recommendations or should I be OK running all 3 valves off the single elbow from the mixing valve. Please excuse my use of colored pipe as I ran low. Hopefully you guys can understand what I've got going on here. TIA for all your help. I love that this is a forum and this is my first time posting here!

Attachments

• IMG_2871.jpg
    IMG_2871.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2869.jpg
    IMG_2869.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2870.jpg
    IMG_2870.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 129

404 neil

Reaction score
I've also created a diagram if that also helps make it easier. My main question is if this is too restrictive and if i need to TEE off the mixing valve or not. there are a lot of elbows in this setup and recommendations
diagram.png

Attachments

• shower valves diagram.pdf
    88.4 KB · Views: 96

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
That looks fine either orientation. But you may find that if you have all your fixtures on at once, you will likely get noticeable pressure drops

404 neil

Reaction score
Thanks
That looks fine either orientation. But you may find that if you have all your fixtures on at once, you will likely get noticeable pressure drops
thanks for the response. I did go ahead and put it all together and it seems like it worked out fine. I shouldn’t ever have all three on at one time I don’t imagine.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I shouldn’t ever have all three on at one time I don’t imagine.

we get people wanting or at least expecting that is how their shower should work. Fortunately now our code stipulates that Only 1 shower outlet can operate at a time in a shower so I don't have to deal with that anymore.