Is a TT-30R - L14-30 generator to Transfer switch adaptor OK to use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Retiredengineer2057

Reaction score
OK, I read a similar discussion but it doesn't exactly answer my question. I have a Black max 4500W generator with a TT-30R plug. I purchased a reliant transfer 6 circuit switch that has a L14-30 plug. That doesn't match. I purchased an adaptor plug that mates the two together. The 6 circuits I have identified to power contain NO 240V equipment. So with the correct wiring from the transfer panel there is zero chance of attempting to send power to a 240V need. Does anyone see any issues with this?

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
So does your adaptor connect both L14-30R line conductors to the single TT-30P line conductor?

If so, seems like it will be OK, as long as you can unbond the neutral on your generator.

Cheers, Wayne

Dalton Bourne

Reaction score
The TS-30 Transfer Switch is part of our travel trailer project, which also involved the installation of a 3,000-watt inverter. With this switch, there is no momentary power loss when switching between primary and secondary or return power sources. It's pre-wired so all I had to do was plug everything in. The purpose of the ATS is to cut back to the "Grid" power in the event the inverter drains battery power and/or if the solar array creates an overvoltage condition that forces the inverter to shut down.

Last edited: