flotec -backup: please advise!

Users who are viewing this thread

wchaya

Reaction score
I just bought the flotec FPI800DCC. It is a backup 12-Volts sump pump. I haven't installed it yet, waiting to get some feed back on this pump. Do you have any idea if this pump is reliable? Are there any problems with the charger, switch....etc.
Please, let me know if you have any experience with this pump and or you heard anything about it...

thanks

Sam
Montreal, Canada

Speedbump

Reaction score
If it has the name Flotech it is not a quality pump. Actually quality and Flotech should not be used in the same sentence.

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
I saw two pumps there that might have a little quality built in. I won't vouch for the motors though.

If they are cast iron, they are certainly better than any of the plastic pumps. You may notice their submersibles do not offer many selections. They are all under 12 gpm for the 1/2 through 1hp and up to 20 gpm up to two horse.

There are better pumps to be had.

bob...

wchaya

Reaction score
what about Zoeller?

wchaya said:
its name is 'Flotec' model: FPI800DCC and the company website is: http://www.flotecpump.com

Please, let me know...if I should install this pump or return it.

thanks

Sam

Montreal
=======================
all hardware stores in Montreal like Home Depot, Rona & Reno depot, sell this model!
I guess I should contact some specialized stores for that! What about Zoeller? Does this company produce better quality? I am talking about 12-volts battery operated backup sump pump.

thanks

Sam

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Zoeller is considered by many to be a very high quality pump. Personally, I've never needed a pump, so can't comment. Do a search here, and you'll be able to find comments by others. HD goes by volume and price, not necessarily by quality.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Zoeller is a quality pump and you would do a heck of a better job. There are other good brands as well, but you won't find them at a big box store.

bob...