Ditra Heat in back to back bathrooms

Users who are viewing this thread

jeffesonm

Reaction score
Renovating two bathrooms: 5x8 with tub (hall bath) and 5x10 with shower (master). They are back to back, or I guess more like side to side? Either way they share the long wall.

I was thinking it would be nice to add Ditra heat to the master and was reading up all about that as it will be my first time using the product (done a few bathrooms and used Ditra XL on a kitchen, but first use of their heat product)

I came across this Q&A on their site and it got me thinking, maybe I can get a second cable for the hall bath, mount the box in the shared wall and run them both off the thermostat in the master? When you subtract out the perimeter clearance, toilets, tub, vanity and probably shower (not sure that's worth heating) the combined sq ft is only ~50 +/- so well under 15a (120v) max.

I need to read a bit more about how the multiple temp sensors, single thermostat works but I'm not terribly concerned if one room was to end up slightly warmer than the other. I suppose all I'm really saving is the cost of a second thermostat but hey, money is money and that's just about the cost of a shorter cable.

Any other reason not to do this?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks