Dishwasher water line question

Users who are viewing this thread


New Member
Reaction score
Preston, Missouri
I am replacing my dishwasher in my mobile home. Existing water line is 1/2” either plastic or Pex (it is red and bends, with a white female plastic screw in connector) that was connected to a brass elbow that is 1/2” mip x 3/8” mip. that attached to dishwasher.
The new dishwasher requires a 3/4” female hose connector elbow which all seem to be 3/8” on input side. I need way to connect 1/2” female end of existing line to 3/8” input. I bought a 1/2” Mip x 3/8” Fip brass bushing to use in connecting the two. Some elbow say the 3/8 male end is compression and some say they are Mip. Which one should I get or is there any difference? Is there a better way to do this without requiring replacing the input line? Attached picture of existing line
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks