Delta1300/1400 w Valve Body

Users who are viewing this thread

Uncle BA

Reaction score
First off my thoughts and prayers to Terry and his family. Just found this forum today.

I have a 18 year old Delta Shower Valve Body 1300/1400 Model. I am redo the shower enclosure and figured I would change the valve cartridge although not leaking. When removed, the sides of the valve body had some corrosion where the sides of the Housing assembly are closest to the valve body. Wondering if this warrants replacement of the entire shower valve body assembly. Photos attached. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20230115_183849_resized.jpg
    20230115_183849_resized.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 20230115_183856_resized.jpg
    20230115_183856_resized.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 20230117_082223_resized.jpg
    20230117_082223_resized.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 70

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the deposits can be cleaned up then the valve body itself should be fine. The only parts that really create a seal are the two inlet holes in the back on the left and right and the front of the body. I'd probably want to knock off the large chunks so that they can't build up further and connect to the new cartridge and lock it in.

Uncle BA

Reaction score
If the deposits can be cleaned up then the valve body itself should be fine. The only parts that really create a seal are the two inlet holes in the back on the left and right and the front of the body. I'd probably want to knock off the large chunks so that they can't build up further and connect to the new cartridge and lock it in.
Thanks a bunch. Cleanup best I could with some WD-40. Then applied plumbers silicone grease to inside of the Valve body. Gave a test before new cement board and shower enclosure up. No leaks or issues.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks