Connect two PVC vents to vent stack

Users who are viewing this thread

Loueber

Reaction score
Hi all. Fast question.
Massachusetts.
I need to connect 2 two inch PVC vents to this 4 inch cast iron vent stack.
I don't want to drill a hole in the roof for a separate 2 inch stack, the roof is too steep to get in top.
Tieing I to this is the only possibility.

Can I use a fernco 4x4x2 y?
Or does it have to be a PVC 4x4x2 with fernco couplings on top and bottom of the PVC y?
There is only going to be 3 feet above the connection through the roof. If I end up cuting it and it sounds freely and I can pull it down, I will replace the top 4feet with PVC .
But in case there is a bracket holding it in at the roof section. I might just splice in the fitting .
20240512_162944.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Many ways to do it but the cleanest and relatively easy way involves a cast iron 4x4x2 wye and 2 4 inch no hub couplings plus a 2 inch mission "CP200 " the rest would be pvc glue in fittings.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks