Users who are viewing this thread

Wendell G Boyd

Reaction score
I’m doing a job that requires 8 new commercial motion sensor toilets and 8 motion faucets. The pressure from main water line coming to the building is around 45psi to 50psi. I am to run 1” water lines for max pressure. I feel I may need more pressure running these commercial toilets. A pressure booster maybe? What’s your thoughts on possible installing a booster. Any information on this kind of system would be greatly appreciated ! I have not installed these before and want to make sure I have some good knowledge before I take it on.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you using flushometer valves for the toilets, there will be a local code for counting backwards on those. It's going to be much bigger than a 1" line for eight toilets and eight sinks.

145 fixture units just for the eight toilets.

https://up.codes/s/sizing-for-flushometer-valves

ipc_water_size_50.jpg

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I think if those flushometers were fed from a precharged pressure tank, as would be used with a well, and that pressure tank were fed via a check valve, it should be able to be deliver a lot of gpm for several flushes.

I expect that is not standard, and a pressure tank, while they normally last a long time, can fail. Also they take space. I am not a pro.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks