Can’t find local help for well issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
If his shower turns off when someone flushes a toilet, he has some serious plumbing-piping issues. More pressure will help but not solve that. Crank up the pressure to a 50-70 shut off and see if it helps. If it blows out the old pipes, that's the inspiration to run the right size pipes to the shower and toilets.
I know Murphys pretty well. A once small and quiet, innocent sleepy Sierra mountain gold mining town turned into a over priced, gentrified, wine region destination. If you do find a competent technician [not really a plumber and not an electrician, but a combination of several trades and skills] you will pay dearly in that area. All the good and honest well people are in boot hill.

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I doubt his booster pump can even make 70 PSI. If the pump is cycling between 30 and 50, when it gets down to 30 the shower may not work until the pump comes on and the pressure gets up to 40-45 or so. In that case cycling is the problem.

Fitter30

Reaction score
What size line is from the tanks to the pump? 15' of height is 6.5 lbs of pressure. Haven't seen the model of pump and brand then we can see if the pump is working to specs. Your storage tanks is there a vacuum breaker or air vent at the top of each tank?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks