Can i get some advice before i diy a system

Users who are viewing this thread

FireMarshalD

Reaction score
I have a water test back today and it reads as follows. Ph 9.25, hardness 256, total alk 183. I have an iron bacterial problem but this is a community well with 5 users and getting 5 owners on the same page can be difficult. i will try for a pellet drop at the well but need agreement from all. I also have tds 380, iron .571 mg/l, manganese 50.1 ug/l, magnesium 46.5 mg/l, cu 73.8 ug/l. with the hard water, high ph and high manganese will a standard water softener be enough? should i add an aio head over birm in front of the softener or is that unnecessary? is the high ph a problem for metals removal?

FireMarshalD

Reaction score
Still holding out hope that somebody here has some water chem experience to guide me . Every water treatment company wants to sell me something but god only knows if it's correct as there is little agreement on course of action only dollar signs in sales peoples eyes. Neighbors with a well known water treatment company and on the same well wont drink the water stating it smells so bad they can't drink it. This is after they installed the well known water companies equipment. Is the answer compressed air over birm with a sellinoid rather than aio? Grasping at straws here, but I know what I've done before and it worked... but that worked 25 years ago, is there a new idea?, The water smells so bad I can't drink it....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks