Basement Plumbing Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

yargnawh

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

First I want to thank anyone who's taking the time to read this and offer their advice. I'm an over-confident DIYer, probably biting off more than I can chew, but for something like this I want to make sure I'm doing it right. Secondly, want to apologize if any of my plans appears poorly drawn, stupid or ignorant. I feel like I've done ample research, but a few days of Googling and Youtubing is nothing compared to years of experience.

So the plan is to build a bathroom with shower in my basement. I never used a 3d modeling software until I wrote this post, so the pipe fittings ARE NOT ACCURATE in drawing. Assume the pipes are sloped properly (1/4" per foot for waste and vents). Stud placement is not to scale

This is the top view:

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 11.53.47 PM.png

A few things to note:
- I'm located in NJ.
- The bathroom is 5' wide and roughly 13' in length.
- Due to the location of existing lally columns, ducts, stairs, and other "un-movables", this is the best use of space.
- The sewage pit placement can be moved maybe a few inches.
- The toilet wall is framed with 2"x6"

This is a side-ish view:

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 11.53.39 PM.png

Back View:

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 11.54.13 PM.png

Rendered View:

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 6.01.22 PM.png

Additional Questions:
- Venting:
* True/false, AAV can be used for the ejector? (https://ipsplumbingproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Studor-Sump-Pump_071420.pdf)
* True/false, AAV can be used for the sink + toilet + shower?-
* True/false, the sewage pit vent CANNOT be combined with the sink + toilet + shower vent?
* If it cannot be combined and no AAV, does that mean I need to run TWO 2" pipes from the basement ALL THE WAY to the roof?!
* Can I use a wye for the vent fitting off of the waste pipe? Can't find an exact answer for horizontal venting...

- Main Line:
* For the ejector discharge, starting from the bottom:
- 2" pipe ==>
- check value ==>
- on/off valve ==>
- 90 deg elbow to horizontal, higher than the main line (regular or long sweep?) ==>
- 90 deg elbow to vertical in to ==>
- 4" x 2" x 4" wye (spliced in the main line using 2 x 4" No Hub Coupling)
- Ejector:
* True/false, should be on separate GFCI breaker?

Again, thanks again for reading and advising.

Sli4

Reaction score
Did you ever get answers to this? I have the same questions about aav on fixtures in the basement and if you had to run two separate pipes for the vents with the ejector

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Dry vent for shower wont fly under slab toilet vent under slab wont fly either. 2 major issues

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks