1400 foot from meter with 105 foot of election gain

Users who are viewing this thread


New Member
Reaction score
Wood county West Virginia
1400 foot from meter with 105 foot of election gain I’m building a house pretty far back from the main road/ water meter, I am in the very beginning stages and haven’t even contacted the water department so I don’t have any idea what the water pressure may be there yet I know I’ll need that information, but with that elevation gain and length from the water meter what kind of setup would be recommended I’m assuming 2 inch poly pipe possibly some sort of pressure tank possibly down where my current well is located now? The well is currently just under halfway between the meter and the new house site @ approx 612 feet from meter to well but also at almost the same elevation as the meter it starts to go uphill from the well up… also any questions I should ask the water department when I do call would be appreciated thanks
Last edited:


Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Lubbock, Texas
There shouldn't be any friction loss in 2" pipe to consider. But the 105' of elevation will take 45 PSI to get there. Sounds like you need the same pressure from the city as your well pump supplies now. Probably going to need a booster pump and controls at the meter or maybe at the well location. Don't know why you wouldn't just keep using the well as you are gong to have to pump water anyway?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks