10 vs 12 in rough in, which toilet ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Strong son

Reaction score
Hi there.

I am replacing an existing toto toilet in one bathroom with another 10 in Drake (776 tank and bowl).

I need to replace a Kohler in another small bathroom.

I would like to install the same toilet in this other bathroom.

The other bathroom rough-in from finished wall to bolts is 11.5 and 11 3/4. So I assume this is a 12 in rough-in.

I assume the 10 in Drake (776) would fit. From the spec sheet it seems from the bolts to the front of the toilet would be 14 7/16 in.
This would stick out about as far as my existing toilet.

I assume the distance between the wall and the tank would go from 13/16 (spec sheet) to about 0.7 in up to 0.9 inch.

Does this sound accurate?

Thank you!

Strong son

Reaction score
Hi Terry. Thanks for responding. My main question is would the 10 in Drake fit my 11.5 in rough-in?
Disregard. For some reason i thought the drake was only 10 in.

Now I see the difference in rough-ins. the bowl has the same dimensions just the bolts are in a different location.

Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks