1/2 to 3/4 transition

Users who are viewing this thread

Drewsonian

Reaction score
I am moving around well tank / softener / water heater and moving several pipes in the process. I plan to switch from a trunk/branch to a PEX manifold. I have one set of 3/4" hot/cold pipes going to my second floor that feed my two upstairs bathrooms (which I am not changing the runs to the second floor fixtures to home runs at this time) . My question is... most manifolds that I'm looking at have 1/2" outlets. Is it stupid (not ideal, ill advised, against code, etc) to go from 1/2" outlet to the larger 3/4" trunk to the second floor? Otherwise, I would just plan to tee off from just before the 3/4" inlets on the manifold.

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
If this is a philosophical question, don't describe what you are looking for.

The reason so many manifolds have 3/4 in and 1/2 out is that the 1/2 inch are going to individual fixtures or groups of fixtures (such as the hot for one bathroom).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks