Toilet flushing problem grows

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYPlumber1

Engineering Technician
Reaction score
The toilet and sink in one of my bathrooms was working fine. Then the toilet got to where it gave a poor flush like it was having trouble going down. I them took a plunger to it to get it moving. All I did was move sewage into the bath tub. When I try to use the sink it bubbles up in the toilet. The other batroom still works just fine. I want the first bath to drain but do want to compound my problem. Where to start?

DIYPlumber1

Engineering Technician
Reaction score
I am probably missing something here but how can the main line be plugged if the other batroom that backs up to this one works fine or are we taking between the two batrooms?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Well then, at least the line with that toilet. Plunging the toilet shouldn't be moving waste over to the tub.
The toilet is a 3 to 4 line. Once it hits that line, it's supposed to be free sailing.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If the line is obstructed under the floor between the two toilets, YOU may not have the equipment or ability to clear it. Call a plumber. And if you do call a plumber, do NOT remove the toilet to "help" him out.

DIYPlumber1

Engineering Technician
Reaction score
So I removed the toilet in the offending batroom snaked the drain with a power snake while running a small stream of water down the drain. The situation is still the same. One bathroom drains and one does not. Now what to do???

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Call that plumber we advised previously. It is VERY possible for a clogged line to affect one toilet and not the other. It depends on HOW they connect to the main line, and how clogged it is. IF YOU snaked through the closet connection, your snake was probably NOT the size needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks