Imbalance of Hot/Cold Water

Users who are viewing this thread

Merlot Brougham

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to research a plumbing problem but google isn't returning any relevant results; my Moen Kitchen Faucet is producing much less cold water than hot water. The hot water comes out at extremely high temperatures and with high pressure. The handle can be placed in nearly any direction and hot water will flow. When compared with the cold water, which has to be placed at an exact angle and has relatively low water pressure compared to the hot water.

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You may have poor cold water pipes to the kitchen faucet.
Remove the supplies under the faucet and see how fast they put out water into a bucket.
If the cold has lower pressure, you have to start back from that point.
Sometimes replacing the shutoff at the wall and the first section of pipe is all that's needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks