Low water pressure possible PRV failure ???

Users who are viewing this thread

rickytz7111

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm having a problem with low water pressure through out the whole house. I've done some research and it sounds like my PRV is failing. I replaced it 9 years ago due to it leaking and the one I replaced was only 2 years old at the time. When I turn on hot or cold water from any faucet or shower in the house I would say the first 2-3 seconds is what I would consider our water pressure to be normal then it goes down about 20% I would say. This happens anytime even if the hot water heater has ran or has been off for a while. Therefore, I don't believe it's a thermal expansion issue. I checked my water pressure on an 2 outside spicket and it read exactly 50 psi. I then checked it inside and at the washing machine hook on both the hot and cold side and the reading was 45-46 psi. I don't understand how I was getting more outside then inside. The spickets are plumbed after the PRV. I would understand if they were plumbed before it. Does this sound like a failing PRV? The house is 12 years old and I'm on a slab. Thank You for any help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks