Shower with symmons temptrol not getting hot enough, spindle and seats already replaced

Users who are viewing this thread

suwilliam9

Reaction score
I am having a problem with a shower that has a Symmons temptrol valve that I am hoping to receive feedback on.

My top floor bathroom shower has a Symmons temptrol valve, the water does not get very hot compared to another bathroom that also has a symmons temptrol, 1 floor lower. The faucet in the same bathroom does not have any temperature issues.

My water heater is set to 130 degrees.

I have replaced the spindle, as well as the hot and cold seats on the temptrol valve. I have also tried adjusting the limit screw. I have also tried removing the spindle flushing the valve. All of these have not affected anything.

I have asked Symmons if I replaced the entire valve, if that would that do anything, and they said that the only thing that affects temperature is the spindle, so replacing the valve would not do anything.

What would be my next steps?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks