(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Canadian dishwasher install...with a twist ;o)

Threaded View

Default Canadian dishwasher install...with a twist ;o)

Alright, here goes. First things first I did a search and could not find my situation so I'm starting a new thread. Doing a kitchen reno and in that replaced the dishwasher (herein DW). To make things more accessible incase there is trouble down the road I want to change the plumbing. The old DW plumbing was typical, drain going to the sink plumbing and tied in with a DW tee. DW supply also came off the sink plumbing.

Wher the DW will sit is directly above my furnace room, and the point of entry of all water and the main drain/stack. I want to plumb the supply from the basement (no problem here) and tie the DW drain in to the basement as well. I've included a diagram (which is attached) of what I want to do. I think I've included all pertinant info, if you need anything else just let me know. The house is a 4 level sidesplit, with the kitchen being directly above the lowest/basment floor. Obviously there is more plumbing but it is irrelevant (IMHO).

Please provide feedback on this install, am I up to code? Do we see any issues with the plumbing and if so what do I need to change.The new plumbing is circled.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

bitsdoo.Attachment 11252Name:  DW Layout.jpg
Views: 1696
Size:  18.7 KB
    Last edited by bitsdoo; 08-20-2010 at 07:03 AM.