Basement Bathroom Rough-In

Users who are viewing this thread

Idoc4u

Reaction score
I am intending to cut my 4" thick 2 year old concrete basement floor in order to relocate the roughed in shower drain and toilet flange.

My plan is to cut the concrete with a 7" diamond tipped circular saw blade after spreading some water on the floor to help minimize friction.

Once I cut and remove the concrete and the make necessary plumbing adjustments, my plan is to place vapor barrier over the area and cover with concrete.

My question; is there a certain brand or mix of concrete I should use and how stiff should I mix the concrete that I pour?

Thank you for the replys.

donfenyk

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
you can just get a high strenth concrete premix from Lowes or Home Depot and you will be fine.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
"spreading some water on the floor" is not going to help. You really need a small but continuous flow to the blade.

donfenyk

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
I used a hose with a spray nozzle with just enough spray to keep down the dust. I had a second person hold the hose. I know its probably not the safest thing since i used an electric saw- but it worked just fine and there was almost no dust.

Use a good Diamond blade