Adding utility sink to "basement plumbed for 1/2 bath" house.

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYmom75

Reaction score
We purchased a new home this past year. The basement is mostly unfinished (it's a walkout and the wall with the doorway & windows is finished with drywall the remaining are not), the floors are poured concrete and have a radiant heated floor system. The basement was "plumbed for a 1/2 bath", we have floor drains installed in the poured concrete floor for a toilet & sink, the water lines with shut offs are ready to go in the (unfinished) ceiling above the sink floor drain pipe. We won't be finishing the space for a few years however I have a craft room set up in the basement and a utility sink would really come in handy for washing my hands etc. I've replaced sinks/toilets/faucets in the past but I've never connected directly to something that wasn't already hooked up before. We are on septic & well. Is it just a matter of removing the cover to the existing sink drain, and connecting the p-trap with an AAV as in this photo?

Thank you for any tips or additional things I should keep in mind.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 3.10.18 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 3.10.18 PM.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 34
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks