(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Stock up on guns and ammo before it's too late.

Illinois Licensed Plumber SewerRatz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Ratz, you do keep them in great condition. My husband always did his stocks so shiny, and the insides clean as a whistle. I haven't touched them in 4 years, is their anything I need to do to keep them nice, they are in soft cases.
    He probably cleaned and oiled them up real good before putting them away, so as long as they are in the cases and in a dry area all should be good. It doesn't hurt to pull them out and use a gun cloth ( a rag that has a special oil in it) and wipe them down.

Default guns

I wonder what kind of guns the creator was thinking about when he gave us those inalienable rights, since He did not have assault rifles or mini-guns at the time. But then, He also said, "Thou shalt not kill."

Extreme DIY Homeowner Scuba_Dave's Avatar

I guess just wingin' 'em is OK

He'll live

DIY Handyman (not 4 hire)
    I have enough to do to my own house

I think the world is coming to an end.

Was that Obama telling the Navy Seals to take out those pirates using snipers?

Sort of like:

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition.

I think it's
    Thou shouldn't commit murder.
    So it should be okay.

But I think this whole gun thing is getting out of hand too.
    I like shooting clay pigeons and targets too.
    But sometimes the more you get into a fight with someone, the better they get at it.
    That's not always good.
    Joe the Plumber

One of the best things my father ever told me, is think to yourself before you act. Think what are the consequences and are they worth it? In other words is the person or persons you want to hurt worth going to jail for?

The other bit of advice he gave me was never turn anything down but your collar.

DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hj View Post
    I wonder what kind of guns the creator was thinking about when he gave us those inalienable rights, since He did not have assault rifles or mini-guns at the time.
    Those "inalienable rights" many people claim are for life, liberty and property ownership (later called "pursuit of happiness" when true property ownership had become mere history), not for guns, and it is only a human opinion that those (or any other alleged) "rights" were actually given or guaranteed at creation anyway. Then as to the matter of weapons, rocks seem to be His own selection in provision.

Quote Originally Posted by hj View Post
    But then, He also said, "Thou shalt not kill."
    He actually said not to lay in wait and murder. Killing, such as in capital punishment or keeping an immoral government at bay (following right judgment, of course) is an entirely different matter.
    Last edited by leejosepho; 04-18-2009 at 06:08 PM.

Test, Don't Guess! cacher_chick's Avatar

Be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.
    This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009 . You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:
    .It is registered
    .You are fingerprinted
    .You supply a current Driver's License
    .You supply your Social Security #
    .You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing.
    .Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.
    .There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.
    They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.
    If you take my gun, only the criminal will have one to use against me. HR 45 only makes me/us less safe. After working with convicts for 26 years I know this bill, if passed, would make them happy and in less danger from their victims.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:
    http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

Guns... Registered....

What guns?

A Question...

If all guns were required to be registered by law and if caught with an unregistered gun after the registration time is up there is an automatic 10 year jail sentence...

Would you register your guns...?

OR

Would you hide them...and not register them...

Their isn't enough of room in the prisons.

This is the reason people do not respect the use of firearms...there should be severe consequences for the misuse of them unlike this....

Hoffman Estates man gets 30 days for shooting at repo man

Overreacting could have cost Ronnie Kindred substantial time behind bars.
    For firing a gun at three employees of a repo company as they tried to repossess his wife's SUV earlier this year, the 42-year-old Hoffman Estates man could have received up to 15 years in prison.
    (Which he should have)
    Instead, Kindred, of the 1900 block of Brighton Lane, will spend 30 days in Cook County jail, followed by 30 months of felony probation. That includes one year of intensive probation supervision which involves reporting frequently to his probation officer, submitting to random drug testing, adhering to a curfew and performing community service.
    Cook County Judge Thomas Fecarotta imposed the sentence Wednesday following Kindred's guilty plea to aggravated discharge of a firearm.
    The shooting occurred about 8:45 p.m. Jan. 13 after Kindred discovered repo company representatives hooking his wife's car to a tow truck, said Assistant State's Attorney Mike Gerber. The defendant then placed a chrome handled revolver to the head of one of the employees and ordered him to release the vehicle, Gerber said. The victim agreed, but instead he jumped into the cab of the tow truck and drove away. Police did not recover the gun, Gerber said.

(why not)

Fecarotta rebuked Kindred for overreacting. "You put a lot of people in the community at risk," the judge said.
    In determining the sentence, Fecarotta took into consideration Kindred's relatively clean record, which includes a misdemeanor battery more than 20 years ago, calling him a "hardworking man."
    But Fecarotta also warned Kindred that if he violates any condition of his probation, he will find himself in the penitentiary.

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    A Question...

If all guns were required to be registered by law and if caught with an unregistered gun after the registration time is up there is an automatic 10 year jail sentence...

OR

I would take the later choice.
    When the goverment adopts such a law I see a need for the people to have weapons available for use shortly after that.

Dissention is the highest form of patriotism!

DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar

If all guns were required to be registered ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
    I would take [that] later choice.
    I can imagine many people would do that, and that would certainly not bother me at all ... but for what purpose might those guns be hidden, and to what end?

When the goverment adopts such a law I see a need for the people to have weapons available for use shortly after that.
    To do what? Not meaning to put you or anyone else on the spot here, I simply suggest it is far too late for whatever you might have in mind to ever actually happen ... and I say that mostly because there would not be sufficient unity to get it done even if the combined weaponry might be great.

Dissention is the highest form of patriotism!
    Possibly so, but again: To what end?

This is the reason people do not respect the use of firearms...there should be severe consequences for the misuse of them unlike this....

Hoffman Estates man gets 30 days for shooting at repo man

~~Snip~~
    will spend 30 days in Cook County jail, ~~snip~~
    Cass, 30 days in Cook is like 30 years. I guarantee you he will come out there a changed man. The inmates there will be "real Nice" to him. It is the worse institution to be sent to in this country.

The other problem is he is from Hoffman Estates, that is the city of Orangeburg sewer pipe and hack plumbing from the builder Mr Hoffman himself. It explains why he was lacking the mental ability which caused him to overreact. Seriously I have seen sanitary and potable water cross connections in that town, along with poor laid out building drain systems. Imagine you enter the home with a sewer back up. you rod from the Cleon out on the stack and the rod comes up the basement water closet, so you put the machine in reverse then feed the cable in and now you come up the floor drain, you try a few other things like pulling the water closet, now you come up the sink line.

A Question...

OR

If someone thinks it's time to bury his guns, it's actually time to be arming himself.