straight discharge or drop from disposal connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Rocknroj

Reaction score
Good day. Another disposal hook-up drain height problem here. Managed to put it together with a straight pipe from the disposal to a 't' fitting at the other bowl then down to the trap. Needed an extra piece between the 't' and the trap which bothers me. Now I am reconsidering as it was a lot of slip joints and its a rental unit.

What I am wondering is if there is an advantage to making a drop connection from the disposal and then coming across vs a straight connect. I post a couple pics describing what I am talking about... Not my work just some stock pics I found on the web as an example. One advantage I can see is that disassembly for cleaning may be a bit easier using the drop elbow at the disposal.

Thanks in advance for the input
disposal_drain_connection_example1.JPG
disposal_drain_connection_example2.JPG
disposal_drain_connection_example2.JPG

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
my opinion you 90 out of disposal with p trap directly centered under disposal 90 and the tee goes over to the other sink. whenever you can . The 2 in your pictures are my last choices .

Reach4

Reaction score
Good day. Another disposal hook-up drain height problem here. Managed to put it together with a straight pipe from the disposal to a 't' fitting at the other bowl then down to the trap.
If you can use a curved discharge tube, it does not sound as if there was a drain height problem.

The first photo you show looks like the long horizontal piece could be higher than the trap adapter, but the photo angle could confuse me. Also, it looks like that trap could be deeper than 4 inches of water seal, but probably not.

How about a photo of what you did?

Terry usually preferred the straight discharge tube IIRC.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks