Best 10" rough in that isn't a Toto

Users who are viewing this thread

margib

Reaction score
Hi
we just found out we need a 10" rough in toilet in our master bath. I don't like the look of the skirted Toto's that can be adapted to 10". Any other suggestions? Help! The plumber is waiting!!! :)

xbassman

Reaction score
I found this thread Friday when I found out my downstairs bath has a 10" rough-in.
I was pretty upset because my new Toto Drake 744SG wouldn't fit. (Luckily my upstairs bath has a 12" rough-in and an Eljer that needs to go as well.)

I had decided to go with a Mansfield pressure assisted model, so I checked to find a local dealer. The local dealer here for Mansfield is also a Toto dealer. When I called to see if they had a unit in stock that I could pick up they told me I should get one of the Toto units they had in stock.

Well, I had looked at the retail Toto units that would fit a 10" and came to the same conclusion as you, but here is what I bought.

Toto CST704.10B

This toilet is from the Toto commercial line, and was indeed what I wanted. The CST703 model was rated on a lab testing pdf I picked up somewhere @ >500 gram flush.

Although I have only had it installed for less than 2 days, my daughter managed to clog it. Turns out she flushed paper towels :) One quick plunge and they were gone.

Tommorrow I will install my Drake upstairs.

Adenwork2

Reaction score
Is the CST 704 splashy?

Did the CST 704.10B cost anywhere near the list price? I hope not.
I found that the CST 703 is rather splashy from the bowl when flushing. Do you notice this?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The American Standard Cadet is available in 10". The Eljer Patriot/Savoy bowl ,when used with the Patriot Space Saver tank, is a 10" combination.

Adenwork2

Reaction score
10" rough in.
I bought a Cadet round front bowl 3454.016 with a Compact tank, part number not known. This did have a 10" rough in. Not a super performer. It is adequate and I could not wait for something on special order. I bought and installed it the same day I removed the old cracked unit.

chipshot

Reaction score
adenwork2 said:
10" rough in.
I bought a Cadet round front bowl 3454.016 with a Compact tank, part number not known. This did have a 10" rough in. Not a super performer. It is adequate and I could not wait for something on special order. I bought and installed it the same day I removed the old cracked unit.

Was it the compact bowl that allowed in to fit the 10" rough in or the actual cadet model?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Interesting combination, which as I look at the spec sheets does not work out as a 10". The 3454.016 is the Ravenna bowl, which is used with the Ravenna model and also the Cadet Specifier model. If you push this 2" closer to the wall, then used the Compact(4010.012) or Cadet 10"(4110.016) tank, it looks like you would be at least 1/2" over 10. I guess all the tolerances added up in your favor this time.

Did a plumbing store select this combo for you? As I read the specs it cannot be correctly spec'd as a 10". But if it is working for you, we never argue with success!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks