Can you install a Neorest LS with an 11" rough in?

Users who are viewing this thread

kli1000

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace a Glacier Bay toilet (SKU: 215-583) with a Toto Neorest LS. However, I'm worried that our bathroom appears to have an 11" rough in (finished wall to bolts). But the Glacier Bay toilet is a 12" rough in. Does the Glacier Bay have more wiggle room? The current toilet is touching the wall - no gap.

Just curious if the Neorest can actually be installed before I buy it. Thanks for your help and advice!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have an LS in my showroom. pretty difficult to measure since they don't have bolt holes that correlate to the flange.. but I'll try and get some real world measurements.

That being said. you can shift the unifit for a Neorest on the flange. There's a bit of wiggle room since the hole in the Neorest is basically 2" and you're targeting over a 3-4" hole.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
From my poking around, I would say you can do it. I would start by investigating what diameter of closet flange you have. The larger diameter the better. The Neorest could be installed against the wall and the lid will have no issues with clearance too unlike some other models.

Where is your water supply in relation to the center of the drain Left to Right? How high off the floor? What material is the piping in the wall?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Some of the older Neorest porcelains protruded back really far. The newer ones, like most skirted toilets being made today, have the base foot print more forward away from the wall so they don't interfere with base trim and angle stops as much as they used to.

kli1000

Reaction score
Measurements for our primary bathroom - where we would ideally install the Neorest.

Right hand side from baseboard:
1707766059657.png

Left hand side (from base board):
1707766077765.png

Baseboard:
1707766111486.png

Attachments

• 1707765972102.png
    1707765972102.png
    339.1 KB · Views: 24

kli1000

Reaction score
As for the water supply - it's on the left side of the toilet and we had power installed on the right side.

1707766360687.png

1707766379845.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks