Commercial Sink/Wall Mount Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

JasonG

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to install a commercial sink and wall mount faucet in my residential home. What method should I use for running the supply lines to the faucet? The faucet has 1/2" female connections. Currently, the rough supply lines are coming up from the floor, but there is room behind the sink backsplash to run them up from behind.

Do I need to run 1/2" copper, mount it to the wall and come through the openings in the sink so that a male threaded fitting comes through the exact length? For this method, would I use standard 1/2" ball valves under the sink for shutoffs?

What I was hoping that I could do would be to setup the supply connection similar to a residential method with normal sink shutoffs and flexible stainless supply hoses. The only problem I have with this is securing the faucet to the sink. One idea that I came up with is to use 1/2" x close brass nipples to go into the faucet and then secure the faucet to the sink with a bigger washer and a lock washer (electrical supply part) from the back. Then I'll use a 1/2" brass street fitting so the connection points down to the floor to connect the flexible stainless hose. Will this work?

-Jason

JasonG

Reaction score
Where do you find your 1/2" brass nuts? I would rather use a nice brass nut than the electrical lock nut that I have.

Cland74

Reaction score
And also I don't like my electrical lock . One of my expert friend advices brass nuts for commercial style faucets .

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I use an adapter ell, a 1 1/2" or 2" brass nipple, a 1/2" trim escutcheon from the back of the sink and screw the faucet to it, then drop 1/2" copper lines down behind the sink to the water in line valves.