Can you reuse a faucet compression pex supply line

Users who are viewing this thread

Djarchow

Reaction score
In another question I posted, one of the contributors pointed out UPC requires a separate shutoff for a dishwasher supply rather than the dual outlet angle stop I had used. The faucet supply line connected to the current angle stop compression fitting is a pex line that is permanently connected to a new Delta bar faucet. The pex supply line fitting doesn't look completely like a normal compression fitting as there was what appeared to be a rubber washer in the compression nut, but Delta says it is a 3/8" compression fitting in their documentation.

I had asked in that thread if the I would be able to move the line to a new angle stop or if these built in pex fittings were one and done but didn't get any replies. I know at least with copper I would have to replace the ferrule before reusing the stop.

Any thoughts? Thanks for any help.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
If the Delta faucet PEX is original with a fused compression adapter, I'd say ok to reuse.
They ship a white poly ferrule compression set in case the line needs to be cut.
Degree of deformation comes in to play as judgement call. If original fused ends, then keep them.

Djarchow

Reaction score
Thanks, I will try it and worst case if it leaks, I can cut it and use the supplied olives.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks