Residential Water Supply for Commercial Flushometer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cornets77

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Looking for some advice from the collective. I'm a home DIY'er and have been building out my dream garage. I recently picked up a Toto high efficiency concealed urinal flush valve on eBay for a steal at $200. It is 0.125 GPF and the supply line connection of the unit is 3/4" NPT. The house is on a well system and pressure at the tank is 30psi at the minimum. I plan to get water from a nearby sink I installed in the same area that is supplied by 1/2" PexA (hot and cold). The sink was installed before I even thought of a urinal otherwise I would have gone bigger to provide an appropriate supply line for the flushometer.

Can I combine the two 1/2" lines (cold/hot) to a 1" pex line before transitioning to the NPT connection on the flushometer to get the volume I need for the unit to work or am I ignoring some physics here.

Alternatively, after searching this site I read a post from someone in a similar position as me that used a small bladder accumulator connected to the flushometer with 3/4" pipe and a check valve in the supply line before the tee where they are connected.

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I once put in a water well system for a road side park in Washington. They had a hundred of those things on both sides of the road. Makes for crazy pressure with them using so little water so quickly times 200. Lol! Made a great test for a Cycle Stop Valve which solved the problem and could supply all 200 at once or just one at a time.

But with having only one and with such a small supply line I think a little 2.2 gallon size pressure tank with a low air charge connected close to the urinal would work just fine. With a 40/60 pressure switch on your pump just put about 30 PSI in the little tank and it will be able to give you a quick shot of water when needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks